[Felvtalk] Update on Bogey My FELV + Cat

Sherri Godschalk skgodschalk61 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 19:25:39 CST 2016

Amani,
I noticed the glucose right away. I had a diabetic dog that required insulin
twice a day and so that number stuck out. I believe these tests were before
the IV. I didn’t look at the bag closely that they were giving her but I
think it was Dextrose. I will ask him about that tomorrow.  With this
jaundice…is the fact that it really hasn’t gotten any better an indicator
that she isn’t any better? Or does that take a while to return to normal? I
will also ask him about the potassium. Is that the K number?

She had an interest in a can of salmon that I opened on Saturday. So I sat
aside a little for her and fed it to her bits at a time for a couple of days
before this all happened. I told the vet about it. She never had salmon
before. He didn’t think that was anything.

The doxy clearly made a huge difference. Around the house here, she just
came alive after the first week of being on it. That tip, and the doc
finally agreeing to prescribe it…saved her life I believe. Thank you so
much.

I don’t think they are giving her one other than that bag of fluid. He
really didn’t want to do anything and I actually begged him to hospitalize
her and give her a chance. I am sure he thought her blood tests would show
the very worst.

Thanks for the feedback on these test results Amani. I feel a little hopeful
tonight. She is never very comfortable at the Vet’s office. She is looking
for a way to escape normally or someplace to hide. Once she gets home she is
fine. She hates her cage. But when I sat her on the floor to let her try to
walk a little she headed straight for it. I think she would like to come
home.