[Felvtalk] Question

Marlene Snowman tessie1965 at icloud.com
Sun Aug 28 19:15:57 CDT 2016

Hi - I've been reading posts for a bit and decided I needed some advice too. I have a FelV kitten who is 1 year old. I've had her since she was just a little more than a month old. She tested positive twice and the vet has yet been able to physically examine her or get a blood test since. She isn't feral but her dislike of the vet and people is probably her strength and fight to stay alive. I feed her really good kitten food and mixed with astragalus and ligustrum twice daily and l-lysine. She's also been on antibiotics for a nose and eye infection, not to mention the fleas, ear mites, tongue ulcers and lacerations on her legs when I first rescued her but she hasn't been on antibiotics for 4 months at least. (So antibiotics for most of her life). She's gone from a pound to 7.2 lbs. So I've seen a great improvement. The nose infection has never cleared, so boogers are a constant, although more a yellow to clear than the original greenish mucous.

I recognize that I need to get her in for a complete blood work. She eats well, drinks a lot and other than the boogers, seems healthy.

Would you suggest anything now other than the blood work for my girl Bear ?

Thanks
Marlene

Sent from my iPhone