[Felvtalk] Bloody Stool

Lorrie felinerescue at frontier.com
Tue Aug 16 08:51:45 CDT 2016

Robert, I am treating my cat, Sooty, the way you are.  I give him
Probiotics, and Acidophiles/Pectin (Swanson capsules) 1/2 capsule
each day. It has no flavor and Pectin is a well known, old fashioned
remedy for diarrhea. I also give him a pinch of ground psyllium seed
which I also get from Swanson online.  He loves yogurt, too so he
gets a dab of that at times. IBD is an awful disease to treat and all
we can do is keep them going as long as we can.  Sooty is 14 now and
still enjoying life, but if the IBD turns into Lymphoma, which it
can, I will have to have him PTS. Meanwhile I love and spoil him as
much as I can.  I try not to think about the possibility of Lymphoma.
BTW, did your vet suggest B-12 injections? I give these to Sooty at
home, once a week.  Tiny needle - sub Q

Lorrie