[Felvtalk] Blood in Stool

Lorrie felinerescue at frontier.com
Sat Aug 13 16:03:28 CDT 2016

Bob, I assume you've checked Yogi for parasites.  The fact that he
is losing weight and having soft bloody mucus could indicate IBD
Inflammatory Bowel Disease, I have a cat with this.  My cat, Sooty,
was on Metronidazole for two weeks, and now has to take prednisolone
every other day (transdermally) to keep this under control. He also
gets B-12 shots once a week.  I hope Yogi does not have this, as it
is not curable, only managable.  Sooty still enjoys life, but cannot
gain weight no matter how much he eats.

Lorrie

 assume you've
had him checked for paras