[Felvtalk] The Brock Star has left the building

Marsha martia at lynxe.com
Fri Apr 29 17:29:45 CDT 2016

Brock left this earthly plane this afternoon.  This morning he didn't
get out of the lounge chair to greet me, refused his heart pills again,
and his third eyelids were showing.  He did eat all the food I brought
him though - he licked off the spoon as I held it up in front of him on
the lounge chair.  We did half, then the other half later.  I visited
with him a lot.  He spent most of his time in his lounge chair on his
fleece blanket, but once he got down and took a short stroll through his
domain.  Usually I am in the lounge chair, with Brock on my lap.  Such a
tired boy; his bone marrow was no longer working as it should - low RBC,
WBC, and platelets, and not making new.  He had Feline Leukemia Virus,
survived a year with Restrictive Cardiomyopathy & CHF, and just recently
developed lymphoma.  So not fair to such a sweet and handsome boy.

He received a sedative first and we spent a half hour or 45 minutes
together.  His paw rested on my hand.  As he relaxed, he ever so lightly
made biscuits on my hand.  He even did his elevator butt routine, but
laying down instead of standing up.

He was only with me a year and a half, but he had so much love to give
out during that time, that there is now another permanent scar on my
heart.  Along with too many others that are still somewhat fresh.

Dearest Brock, visit me soon in my dreams.  I left the patio lights on
for your spirit to find the way back to Fort Shappell.

Marsha