[Felvtalk] Little Girl Coco

Lorrie felinerescue at frontier.com
Wed Sep 30 15:27:22 CDT 2015

Kelley,
-
My vet told me it is very difficult for FelV cats to give the virus
to other adult cats. It is a different story with kittens who are
very susceptible, as their immune systems are not fully developed.
I've personally found that kittens born with FelV from a positive
mother almost always die. However, I have 10 adult cats who have been
with two FelV pos. cats for 5 years and none of them have become
positive.  FelV is not easily transmitted to adult cats, even when
they share food and water bowls.

Lorrie