[Felvtalk] Merlin has gone to the bridge

Jennifer Lewis blondediet at mac.com
Sun Sep 27 15:43:05 CDT 2015

Kelley,

I am so sorry for your loss. Please do not beat yourself up. It's just a hard fact that sometimes there just isn't enough, no matter how much we try and how much we love them. We do the best we can, and we honor them and love them and then we miss and remember them.

I lost my heart and soul kitty 4 months ago to CRF (he was never FeLV+) and have spent countless (seriously) hours going over what I could have done different and better, and why couldn't I save him, because I couldn't. His little body just gave out, and there was nothing that I could do but let him go. It was the best gift that I could give after all his singular love and devotion. Merlin saved you making that decision. Thank him for that gift.
I also lost my + kitten Smoosh last year, so it's been a tough time. She made it to 14 months, so we thought we were in the clear...
For the record, in my opinion and speaking for myself, the love they give back and having them happy and safe for as long as possible is worth every sacrifice, even the heartbreaking ones.  We are the Island of Misfit Toys. I now have a senior (19 years and 9 months), a diabetic, a cripple and a lovely girl who was obviously abused and took almost a year to touch her, and another + girl with Stomatitis.

Merlin knew your love, and that is what you need to hold onto.

XO
Jennifer (And my heart of hearts, Buff)