[Felvtalk] Update on Merlot

Maya D'Alessio mdelow at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 12:24:38 CDT 2015

So it has almost been 2 weeks since his scary crisis, we went in today to
get another CBC to check on how things are doing. He's been off doxy since
Wednesday morning, off Prednisolone since last Wednesday and the Cerenia
stopped on Wednesday night.

His WBC counts remain very low with no significant improvement, there is a
tiny amount of improvement in some of the numbers. His RBC count remains
normal (yay), but his temperature is a high-normal again.

They've sent us home with an oral antibiotic and oral prednisolone for the
next 10 days or so. I hope he continues to do okay. We just let him out of
isolation, and he seems happy to be out, but it's going to be harder to
monitor his eating now. We will have to see how things go I suppose.

--
Maya D'Alessio
PhD student