[Felvtalk] Cats as "property"

Jane Gannon straycats at roadrunner.com
Sat Oct 31 10:35:32 CDT 2015

Last year I noticed that several of my cats had anisocoria (one pupil is
larger that the other) and one of them was loosing weight.  I researched on
line and found that this can happen in FELV+ cats.  I had them tested and
they were all positive.  I have a large cat family and then had everyone
tested, half were positve and half were negative.   I vacinated the
negatives and have let them all live together.  After 6 months I had one
negative retested and he was still negative.  In October I wrote to you that
one of my young ones was lethagic, not eating and had a fever.  He ended up
getting FIP and I had him euthanised last week.  HIs brother had to be
euthanised in June.  He had  many problems, but in the end he had severe
neurological problems and could no longer walk.  I have another one now that
is loosing weight, his rbc count is getting lower but he is acting fine.  I
want to know more info about Winstrol, my vet does not have a problem using
it.  How long can a cat be on it and how long does it help?  Do I have to
keep taking them in for blood tests?  How expensive is it?