[Felvtalk] Cats as "property"

Ardy Robertson ardyr at centurytel.net
Mon Oct 26 23:32:04 CDT 2015

This is a tad off topic but I have a friend who bought a chocolate lab puppy
supposed to be certified or whatever to have healthy hips, because labs are
prone to hip dysplasia or something like that. Anyway, after their family
fell in love with the puppy and it was firmly a member of their family,
"Tasha" developed a painful hip problem. The vet said the dog would probably
need surgery and quoted them a ballpark of a couple thousand dollars. They
contacted the breeder they had purchased the dog from who told them he would
give them a puppy from the next litter. Of course that was probably all he
could offer at that time but I thought it was kinda cold sounding after they
already loved THEIR dog!

At any rate, I gave my friend a small Homedics brand battery-operated
massager ($6.00) like one that my hubby uses on his shoulder and for sciatic
nerve pain in his legs, and he tried it on the dog's hips. Later on he was
going to give it back to me and I told him I had meant for him to keep it.
He said they had purchased one because the dog loves it so much. He said
Tasha actually goes and gets it in his mouth and brings it to them for them
to use on his hips, and now the vet says he may not need surgery. I think it
stimulated blood flow / oxygen to the area and has made quite a difference.
Such a simple, cheap therapy!