[Felvtalk] Merlot

Lorrie felinerescue at frontier.com
Mon Oct 19 10:23:12 CDT 2015

Sometimes with a Felv pos. cat they get sick and the vet never does
actually find a cause, they simply go downhill. This has happened to
me many times, and when the cat or kitten won't eat and starts
hiding, I know it is time for him/her to be PTS.  Tthis is a terrible
decision to make, but dying slowly and painfully is worse. Felv can
cause so many different things happen to a cat, but it is a fatal
condition and positive cats always die.  Sometimes it's months and
other times years, but FelV is fatal. Vets try all kinds of things to
save them, but have not found a cure.  I'm not saying you are going
to lose Merlot, but this is what I've experienced with Felv pos.
cats.

Lorrie