[Felvtalk] Merlot

Maya D'Alessio mdelow at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 14:37:40 CDT 2015

Thanks Marsha. Yeah it seems somewhat common for thrombocytopenia to
develop in FeLV cats. I am assuming that it means it's not a good sign
overall for his longer term health. I am hoping to hear of a miracle drug
to get his platelets back up, then hope his body can keep it up.

His platelets were much less than the 200 low limit of the normal range.
They tested twice and got 38 and 64, and they did a smear just to confirm
there wasn't platelet clumping.