[Felvtalk] Grieving, and need to understand about felv

Amani Oakley aoakley at oakleylegal.com
Fri Nov 27 14:14:38 CST 2015

Perhaps but that wasn't my experience, and if you go on line, you find others who find it extremely helpful for chronic kidney disease cases, just like you mentioned. But Marsha, if the concern is that the results were "lackluster", then what could possibly be the explanation for the pure REFUSAL to prescribe it? Obviously, it that was all there was to it, the vet could just say, "Well, I don't think you're going to get too far with this stuff, but it's up to you if you want to give it a try". Given that the option people often get with FeLV cats is zilch, then why not mention that it is a possibility, though not a great one. When I am sitting, balling my eyes out and the vet is telling me, "so sorry, there is nothing at all that can help" and "put him down for his own sake - you wouldn't want him to suffer", then I certainly expect that I should have been told about Winstrol. It's not like we have a lot of options with FeLV. None of the options are particularly great or can be relied on regularly, and most of the options are way way more expensive than the Winstrol.

Moreover, I find it hard to believe they got lackluster results. I have used this stuff now in more hard luck situations than you would believe, and I would say that in about 80% of the circumstances, I have had a good to an excellent result. Sometimes, I get no result.

I find it hard to believe that I just happened to be lucky.

Amani