[Felvtalk] Winstrol

Amani Oakley aoakley at oakleylegal.com
Fri Nov 20 10:41:52 CST 2015

I know. It's bizarre, given that the alternative is often bleak. I think my vet didn't even give me a moment of a hard time because Zander was obviously going to die. Period. And I was spending all kinds of money shipping in special treatments like the LTCI, which did bupkis, and blood transfusions (each one costing over $1000) and days in the "ICU" in an oxygen tent. Then, after spending in the order of close to $8,000 to $10,000, I discover a $0.50 pill which brings him back to life.

This attitude of the vets really annoys me though. If they have something better to offer, I'm all ears. If not, then there is no possible side-effect which is worse than death, and even if the side-effect IS death, then so what? This virus is going to do that anyway. With Zander, they gave me a ZERO percent chance he would live. ZERO. So how could the Winstrol be worse than that?

I made that mistake many many years ago, and I learned from it. I had a wonderful little Maltese named Baby. I loved her so much. She was on a heart medication since the age of 8 or 10, and doing just fine. The heart medication was digoxin. When I became a Medical Technologist, one of my jobs was running digoxin levels in hospital. There is a toxic level, (2.5 mmol/L) above which I had to call the floor to let them know that the level of the digoxin was too high, so they could taper or reduce the dosage for the patient. One night, while I was working in the lab, my husband called me to say that he thought Baby was having a heart attack and not doing well. I immediately thought I should ask him to give her more digoxin, but he indicated that she had already had her evening dose, AND I WAS SO WORRIED GIVING HER MORE WOULD PUT THE DIGOXIN LEVEL INTO THE TOXIC RANGE! Stupid stupid me. Little Baby died that night. How brainless I was. If she was dying anyway, how could it matter if the digoxin level might go into the toxic range? It might have saved her life, or it might not, but I learned my lesson then. Number one priority: save the life. Worry about any side-effects later.

Sorry for the outburst. As you can tell, this really really bugs me.

Amani