[Felvtalk] Update on Harley & Brock

Amani Oakley aoakley at oakleylegal.com
Fri May 1 14:17:54 CDT 2015

Marsha

If you saw my previous (and first post) you'll probably think I am a one-trick pony, but in your circumstances, you have little to lose and I am going to suggest again that you might try using Winstrol on Harley and possibly with Brock as well. I have used Winstrol (Stanozolol) in very dire situations with several cats, and always managed to get at least some benefit from it. With a 17 year old cat who had a nasal adenocarcinoma, with an infection, I got some reduction in the swelling of the tumour, increased appetite and less malaise. She lived another 2 years after the diagnosis was made, even though she was terribly fragile, even at the time of the cancer diagnosis.

With a second cat - less than a year old - who came from a feral colony where I later learned many of the other kittens died at just a few weeks old and several of the older cats were diagnosed with FIP - I was sure my new adoptee also had FIP. She was quite seriously ill for two weeks with a very elevated temperature, runny nose, eyes, etc., no appetite, and I could feel a very hard tummy and hear serious wheezing. My vet confirmed she had fluid surrounding her lungs (not in the lungs), which was possibly the wet form of the disease. Again, with little to lose, I put her on the Winstrol and she recovered very well, with the fluid around her lungs reducing significantly. There is nothing wrong with her now, except continued wheezing and I plan to place her back on the Winstrol for a month to see if there is a reduction in the wheezing.

Obviously, the decision to try this stuff will be yours to make and there may well be significant risks to your cats because of everything else that is going on, especially Brock with his heart issues. I am not a vet, but I have looked after more than 300 strays and I routinely take the ones that others say have no hope. Sometimes I can make a difference. Sometimes I can't. I am lucky in having a vet (and before that, another vet) who both had confidence in my abilities with my animals and are prepared to allow me to try things that are not necessarily conventional when faced with a cat that has no prospect of recovery.

No matter what you choose to do, I wish you every luck and my heart simply aches for what you and your babies are going through. I can totally relate.

Amani