[Felvtalk] Please help! Anemic felv kitty, what can be done??

N. E. Juskowich nej917 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 18:03:37 CST 2015

I'd just like everyone to know how much your responses have meant to me and
my sick little boy. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your
experiences and knowledge.

The second transfusion barely made a dent in his HCT and now I come to
learn that his platelet count is abysmally low. No one is feeling very
positive about his chances for recovery, so we're mostly focusing on
palliative care and holistic treatment at this time. He gave me a very
eloquent Look and lengthy plaintive meow right after he got home from the
hospital that clearly said, "Mom, please don't put me through that again."
 I want his final days to be about love and comfort, not stress and
needles, so we aren't going to try a third transfusion.

He is starting to feel the illness now, spends most of the day sleeping,
still has a good appetite and takes interest in the view from his perches.
He's spending more time cuddling up with me; I don't know if it's because
he knows now that he's unwell or he's trying to comfort mom. I try to hold
it together and send peaceful vibes to him, but sometimes my emotions get
the better of me.

Condolences to everyone who's lost a kitty (or kitties) to this horrible
disease.