[Felvtalk] Wheezing

Marsha martia at lynxe.com
Tue Jan 20 15:24:26 CST 2015

Annie's behavior towards other cats sounds a little like my Angelina
(FeLV negative, passed in 2009). I figured her motto was "the best
defense is a good offense"!  I believe Angelina was motivated by fear,
and she dealt with it by acting tough and chasing the other cats, and
making them afraid of her so they would leave her alone.  Unfortunately,
she did this one too many times, and the others began to stand up to
her.  She ended up with her own room, much of the time with stacked baby
gates in place of the door.  Later on, I was able to remove the baby
gates because she stayed in the room, and the others wouldn't go in.
Then one day I noticed a loud noise didn't startle her.  I tested with
various noisemakers behind her, where she couldn't see them or feel
puffs of air from them, and she showed no response at all.  She was
totally deaf!!  I had her for several years and never knew!  She was a
tuxedo, not an all-white cat with blue eyes, so the possibility never
occurred to me.  And she compensated very well.

Marsha