[Felvtalk] Wheezing

Katherine K. kathstix at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 08:32:59 CST 2015

Hi everyone,

I wanted to get your thoughts on a video of Krammer wheezing. He is 12, has
had FeLV for the past 1.5 years. The wheezing has been a chronic issue for
the past year or so, and I've posted about it before, it's usually caused
by a case of pneumonia (which my vet tells me is rare in cats, but he gets
it a lot). On bad days he has a noisy, gurgly purr, frequent swallowing,
and wheezing spells once or twice a day that last for about 30-60 seconds.
Eventually the gurgles and swallowing will clear up, and he'll only have an
occasional wheezing spell. He had an ultrasound/echocardiogram about 6
months ago, and an xray last month of his lungs which showed the small spot
of pneumonia, and he took an antibiotic, which helped some.

This weekend his right eye got infected, with green discharge. He's had
uveitis (one pupil smaller than the other) before, but not in awhile. I've
been giving him Neomycin/Polymyxin gel since Sunday. He gets an LTCI
injection (an immune booster) once a month, but I think I'll give him
another one today. Does anyone else use LTCI?

 Going to check with my vet too, but wanted to see what the listserv had to
say. Here's the wheezing video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Od-nCkzyb0

He's been sleeping a lot the past 2 days, but still has an appetite.

Thanks,
Katherine