[Felvtalk] Please help! Anemic felv kitty, what can be done??

Amy awilkins23 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 16:01:10 CST 2015

I have lost several leukemia positives to non-regenerative anemia. In my experience, when all other causes of anemia had been ruled out (including Hemobart), I was unable to find anything that stopped the progression. That said, I never lost hope for a miracle. I hope you have a different outcome. I watched mine closely as the hematocrit dropped and when I knew it was time, I took them to the vet. I didn't let them pass on their own as a very low hematocrit makes it difficult to carry oxygen and I didn't want them to suffer. It was very clear to us when it was time with each one. Each cat is so different and it is such a personal decision.

My 2 cents, rule out all other causes of anemia. If truly non-regenerative, enjoy every minute with the kitty! Best wishes for your kitty.

Amy

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android