[Felvtalk] Please help! Anemic felv kitty, what can be done??

N. E. Juskowich nej917 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 15:26:00 CST 2015

Belinda,
Was Bailey diagnosed with kidney disease or did his bloodwork indicate that
anything was amiss with his kidneys?  I did come across Epogen in my
research, but the doctor overseeing his care following the first
transfusion insisted it's only for anemia resulting from renal disease and
they wouldn't administer it to him because it could potentially cause a
reaction.  Not sure if I can convince a different doctor to try it, but I
am curious as to whether or not it could work in cats with perfectly
functioning kidneys.

Very sorry for your loss, btw. What a horrible disease this is.