[Felvtalk] KIT

gidget43 at aol.com gidget43 at aol.com
Sat Dec 5 21:19:23 CST 2015

Hello everyone,  update on Kit.  Good news and not so good news.  Good is 24% HCT (was 20, then 22%),  she continues to be happy, eating well and playing like crazy.  Not so good news is her neutrophils went from 2500 to 250 (was 300, then 2500).  The vet mentioned that she aspirated the enlarged nodes on her neck and the lymphoblasts went from 2% to 11%.   Does this mean it is in the bone marrow?  I don't understand lymphoblasts.  The vet ordered another round of clavamox, orbax, I now have pet tinic and something the vet recommended called Immuno Support by Rx Vitamins.  Just ordered it. Subq fluids every other night.  Is there anything else I can be doing to help her?  She also is getting a bit of B12 in her food once a day.Oh and I also ordered a probiotic, because you should really give this while they are on an AB.  Please adv if I should be doing anything else and if so, what?  Is there any chance for this to could go into remission still?  vet said many nodes are enlarged and in two weeks will do another X Ray.  Also she fears it will lead to lymphoma, but that can be treated can't it?  I'm getting very nervous here.  She's just a 4 month old baby and I want to give her a happy life for as long as possible.   Thank you, Nancy