[Felvtalk] Blind positive cat

Katherine K. kathstix at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 08:40:48 CDT 2014

Does anyone have experience with a blind FeLV+ cat? There is one near me
who needs a home, so I am considering him. I think he is about 1-2 years
old. I believe his blindness comes from a viral infection. I do not have
stairs in my home, and I have been told he is littertrained. I plan to
start him out in one room.

I'm also concerned about stressing my 12 yo positive cat. He likes other
cats, but I don't know how sensitive his immune system will be to a change
in the household and would hate to cause him to have a health relapse due
to introducing a new cat. On the other hand, I know how hard it is to
rehome a positive cat, and since I already have a positive household, I
feel like I should be open to helping other positives.

Katherine