[Felvtalk] OT: arthritis

Lee Evans moonsister22 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 25 03:32:25 CDT 2014

For just pain, you might want to try Buprenex. It's what is given to cats after surgery, to keep cats comfortable. Moses, who was very old and suffering from a tumor in his ear extended to his mouth was given the injection form to keep him comfortable over three days to see if an experimental treatment of an anti-biotic and cortisone combination would reduce the tumor. Unfortunately it did not but at least Moses was free of pain. He slept most of the three days until I could get him back to the vet and have him helped to pass on. However, in very small doses, it may help control Kitty's arthritic pain. But I would suggest that you ask your vet about the side effects or Google it online. Most of the cats I have had on Buprenex were on it short term for spay or neuter pain, or for a longer but limited time for pain associated with surgery for broken limbs, and various mishaps that occurred with outside cats that I rescued. It does make the cats drowsy but
 maybe in small doses it will give Kitty relief from pain without turning her into Sleeping Beauty.