[Felvtalk] FeLV not eating

grace mifsud simon95 at onvol.net
Sat Oct 18 06:01:39 CDT 2014

Hi Elisabeth

I would try Calo Pet It’s a paste.

Or Hills Prescription diet  A/D

Regards

Grace

From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-bounces at felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Elisabeth Eastley
Sent: 18 October 2014 10:09
To: felvtalk at felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] FeLV not eating

We rescued a kitten on New Year's Eve. She was about 3 months old at the time, so she is now just over a year old. She tested FeLV positive and has been quite well until 2 months ago. She had terrible diarreah and was very lethargic.( In previous months she was so active and playful and naughty that her nickname was Troublemaker.

The vet said that she had lymphoma in her intestines and the glands would eventually cut them off. She was given antibiotics and anti inflammatories and there was some improvement for a while. Then we had to take her back for more medication.

She has deteriorated significantly in the last 2 weeks. Her hears are floppy, she's gradually stopped eating - we've been trying to tempt her with everything we can think of. She still purrs and paws, is able to climb the stairs and get on the bed, but has stopped playing. Her tummy is very plump - but we believe that this is the glands growing bigger.

Her quality of life at this point is such that we don't believe it is time, but we want to get her eating. Is there anything we can offer her that has been found to be successful?

Regards

Elisabeth