[Felvtalk] 5 leukemia positive kittens

Kelley S moonvine at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 12:22:44 CST 2014

Hi Amy,

I am so sorry if I came off like that.  I hesitated to say anything because
I specifically did not want to come off wrongly or like I was trying to
scold you.  What you are talking about with the lady giving away the cats -
that is not free adoptions IMHO - that is giving away cats.  I go to a lot
of adoption seminars and they stress that when you do free or reduced price
adoptions you keep your same screening.  If you aren't willing to do that
it is perfectly ok, you just have to accept that they have a reduced chance
of ever finding a home.  You might try the facebook group I linked.  They
have had some success in placing FELV+ cats.  I would not hesitate to give
any other cat I had to the adopter that adopted our double positive girl.
She gave her a great life and great medical care.