[Felvtalk] 5 leukemia positive kittens

Kelley S moonvine at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 14:05:42 CST 2014

Marsha..sorry..when I said "I don't know what you want" I was referring to
the OP, who if I recall correctly said something along the lines of "we
don't want these cats in with other FELV+ cats if they could possibly be
negative."  So the way I read her post was:  we want people with no cats
who are willing to take the very probable heartbreak of a FELV+ kitten and
promise to not expose it to other FELV+ cats and who will pay us over a
hundred dollars for doing so.  This is possible, but not very likely
IMHO.   Even in our rescue, after a certain point they would eat up over
$100 worth of food and we would be losing money even if we did get $100
plus for them.  More importantly, everyone is limited in space, and an
animal in a foster home means another animal your rescue cannot help.
The facebook group is interesting, and I encourage those on Facebook to
join, not that I want to take traffic away from here, but most are very
very very very stridently against mixing.    I tried to get them to come
here, but haven't had any luck that I know of.  There is a very strange
situation going on there that I'd like to get some input on.  There is a
kitten who has tested (snap and IFA) pos for FELV.  This kitten came from a
breeder who tests all her cats regularly and none has ever tested
positive.  The kitten's owner took the kitten to the vet as per contract
within 10 days of buying the cat and got a positive test.  Rechecked with
IFA, still positive.  ALL THE OTHER CATS were retested by the breeder and
are still negative.  All the other kittens in the litter have tested
negative.  HOW did this kitten contract FELV?

Anyway here is the link:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/26073442228/