[Felvtalk] 5 leukemia positive kittens

Marsha martia at lynxe.com
Fri Nov 14 12:15:22 CST 2014

Some adopters may make a donation to the organization they adopt a
zero-fee cat from.  I did.  You might make a cat low or no fee, but say,
"donations gratefully accepted".  If you list on PetFinder, consider
adding FeLV+ to the heading, besides just listing them as "special
needs".  Some people are looking specifically for a FeLV+ cat as a
companion for one they already have, and not putting that in the heading
forces those people to sift through every special needs listing to find
the FeLV+ kitty.  I turned to PetFinder after having no luck locally
finding a companion for Harley, and did a search by zip code.  I
specified "up to 100 miles", and that's how I found Brock.  Actually,
113 miles away, but the search goes by zip code.

There are also some listings here (up for adoption or looking to adopt
FeLV, FIV, FIP +):
http://www.bemikitties.com/felv/cgi-bin/suite/classifieds/classifieds.cgi
You can also get to that by the felineleukemia.org website.

One other place to list is the PurringPixie yahoo group.

Marsha
(with Harley & Brock)