[Felvtalk] Ember

Marsha martia at lynxe.com
Wed May 28 20:36:08 CDT 2014

Hi Lance,

My thoughts are with you and Ember.  Hope all goes well.

My vet spoke with someone on the VIN network, and there doesn't seem to
be a commercially available test for FeLV subtype.   I found information
that thiamine (B-1) supplementation will help with type A, but not type
B.  Oh well, can't hurt either.  I gave him info I have dug up on
Virbagen Omega, how to get more info, and how to get it.  He has some
experience with Immuno Regulin, so I'll discuss that more with him.  He
also suggested human interferon, but I think Virbagen is a better choice
if I can get it.  I'm also looking at Transfer Factor 4Life, possible
Acemannan equivalents (Carrington went out of business), LTCI (I agree,
where is their due diligence? Maybe they figure since they got USDA
approval, they're done.)  and RetroMAD1.  I don't expect RetroMAD1 to be
available in the US for many years, but it's something I want to keep an
eye on.  I read that a few people from different countries in Europe
have gotten hold of some to try on their FeLV/FIV cats.

Marsha