[Felvtalk] Ember

Lance linimon at fastmail.fm
Wed May 28 17:49:16 CDT 2014

After talking to Ember’s “second vet” (another allopathic vet at a different clinic), and after Ember’s primary vet talked to her mentor at vet school, we’ve decided to go ahead with the surgery tomorrow.

Ember will get additional abx before and after the procedure, and she’ll get an appetite stimulant (my vet mentioned two, and this one is the one that *doesn’t* sometimes cause anemia). I’ll be careful with those, and we hopefully won’t need them for long, if at all. They’ll do everything they can to make it a safe surgery. Everyone’s fully aware of the health issues Ember is facing.

If we can make it through this and get Ember back on food, we’re going to try LTCI. Never thought I’d do it, as I still feel like that company has not done due diligence with testing.

I’m feeling upbeat, but I’ll likely be pooping bricks in about twelve hours. While I like that we have anesthesia for our furry friends, I hate that it’s not always predictable.

Please keep Ember in your thoughts tomorrow.

Lance