[Felvtalk] LTCI

Susan Loesch pipercatmom at yahoo.com
Sun May 25 18:44:46 CDT 2014

I appreciate all the input on LTCI. We were all set to take DeeDee,our little felv girl, to one of the few vets in Arkansas using it. Our vet had contacted their office to set it up and planned to purchase a supply if the first 3 shot series seemed to be helping. Unfortunately DeeDee went downhill in 24 hours and we lost her.

She was apparently born positive and
was about 18mo old...about the normal life expectancy for her situation. So the treatment may not have helped her. She had only been with us for 3 months and was not in great shape from day one. At that point we didn't know a lot about LTCI Can't help but wonder what the outcome would have been had we started it at day 1. At the time tho her blood values were improving a lot and when our vet retested her she was the lightest positive I've ever seen on a snap test...and we thought we were making headway without it.