[Felvtalk] Peanut

Katherine K. kathstix at gmail.com
Thu May 15 11:22:34 CDT 2014

Just wanted to let everyone know about Peanut. I had plans to try a
steroid, and some herbal remedies, but the lymph nodes were just too much
for him, pushing on his esophagus and lungs. I was able to finally feed him
a couple of pureed chicken livers yesterday after work, but I could tell he
was starting to go downhill pretty quickly, open mouth panting and just
laying on his side. I decided I would take him in today for euthanasia. But
around 10pm last night he started gagging and retching and gasping even
harder. His tongue started to turn purple. I drove him to the emergency vet
so he could be at peace. I feel bad for having waited so long that he had
to go through that. But he's no longer suffering and that's a relief. He
was the best kind of cat, so friendly and always up for a cuddle, belly rub
or big hug. The last of his litter of 4 to go, so now he's with his
brothers and sister. We had a great year together filled with many funny
and sweet memories.

Katherine