[Felvtalk] Peanut

Lee Evans moonsister22 at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 15:28:23 CDT 2014

I agree! My vet always asks me if the cat is FIV+ or FeLv+. At this time I do not have any FeLv+ cats but I have several FIV+ cats and he seems to get a real thrill out of blaming their FIV status for everything from an URI to vomiting up hairballs. And I have to keep saying, "Well, maybe it's not the FIV. Maybe it's just a winter cold?" And the reply is, "Well he would not have caught the winter cold if his immune system was not compromised." Snarl!!The last FIV+ cat who passed over was age 14 and had a tumor on his kidney, plus loss of kidney function that happens to cats depending on their genetic heritage, when they reach around age 12. I have had younger, non-FIV cats pass from similar problems. The vets seem to be angry at us for saving these little worthy furballs. And I do have to say that my vet is compassionate, does not try to drain money out of me because he knows I am struggling with many aging or compromised cats so he scales his prices to
 my abilities. He's one of the best and yet, we still have go-rounds about FeLv and FIV. Sigh.