[Felvtalk] prednisone

Marsha martia at lynxe.com
Tue Jun 3 14:58:54 CDT 2014

Jetty,

Regarding prednisone - it will make a cat feel better and stimulate the
appetite.  It also sometimes can shrink certain kinds of tumors
temporarily.  But keep in mind that it also suppresses the immune
system, which you usually want to avoid in a FeLV+ cat.  Prednisone /
Prednisolone is a great drug, but be sure to balance the benefits
against the negatives for each specific cat.  Prednisone will suppress
inflammation, so it is harder to tell if your cat has developed an
infection.  Infections in a FeLV+ cat need to be treated quickly and for
a longer time period.

Marsha