[Felvtalk] Positive to negative

Amy awilkins23 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 09:01:35 CDT 2014

You tried Leuk's Landing?

________________________________
 From: Mercy Cats <mercycats at outlook.com>
To: "felvtalk at felineleukemia.org" <felvtalk at felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:32 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Positive to negative

Thank you, everyone.  I'm still trying to catch the mother cat from the park and am worried about her status.  When I catch her I'll get her tested myself.  But positive or negative, I don't have room for another cat.  I found out about the park from my husband.  The conversation started, "I don't want another cat.  If I told you I know where there's a mother cat and kittens, where could they go?"  I had to find someplace to take them before he showed me where they were.  The local humane society changed management last year.  They are now no kill except for FIV and FeLV.  Before that they killed everything.  The shelter I used to work with also changed management, but that one was for the worse.

Both my husband and I have health issues.  Taking in another cat is not an option.  Is anyone from the group in Michigan?  I'm in St. Clair County.  There are 2 rescues on the west side of the state that take FeLV+ cats, but both are full.

I can't just abandon the mother cat.  Someone already did that.  But I'm making an almost 50 mile round trip every day to feed her.