[Felvtalk] Tested Positive Cat

Lee Evans moonsister22 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 6 12:14:13 CDT 2014

My friend just rescued a young male cat who has tested positive for FeLv. I usually foster these cats until they either turn or I keep them and allow them to live their lives in a room of their own. The problem now is that I don't have a room for fostering FeLv+ cats. My two spare rooms are taken with other emergency fosters who will be with me for the rest of their lives. One room has three of my own cats who lost a lot of weight due to stress. They don't much like being with 20 other cats in the general cat room so I had to isolate the Skinny Three and feed them extra. They are making a come back except for Moses. I intend to take him to the veterinarian this coming week. He was one of the FeLv+ cats who turned negative after a 3 month stay in isolation. He has been with me for 7 years now and is probably suffering from old age and other issues not related to his former FeLv status. The second foster room is taken with one-eyed cats who can't be
 released into my general community because they might get into fights and have their remaining eye injured. Fortunately they bonded with each other and enjoy the company and food.

What I really need is a foster home for the rescued FeLv+ cat so he will have a chance to turn negative. Does anyone know anyone in the vicinity of San Antonio, Texas to Austin, Texas who could foster the latest rescue. My friend has him at the vet clinic right now but she can't afford to keep him there much longer. If you have a friend, relative, anyone you know within a 75 mile radius of San Antonio, Texas who might be willing to foster or adopt, please email me at moonsister22 at yahoo.com. Thanks.