[Felvtalk] Harley is in the hospital

Marsha martia at lynxe.com
Tue Dec 16 15:22:04 CST 2014

Just came back from visiting with Harley.  Definitely seems to be some
kind of upper respiratory virus.  The swelling in his larynx seems to be
better, but now he has some nasal discharge.  I reached for a kleenex,
and the tech said, "never mind, he just ate it".   He is interested in
food now, but it's hard for him to eat with the e-collar on, and maybe
there is some sinus pressure too when he leans forward.  His energy
level is good, as is his interest in getting into anything he can get
his paws on (he was allowed out of his cage while I was with him in the
isolation room).  I had to keep a close eye on him so he didn't scatter
medical supplies all over the room.  He's staying one more night, and
I'll take him home tomorrow if all looks good.  Next week I bring him
back to get another echocardiogram to check his heart.  The followup
costs less than half what the first one costs, thankfully.

Marsha