[Felvtalk] Harley is in the hospital

Marsha martia at lynxe.com
Mon Dec 15 16:18:59 CST 2014

I've had echocardiograms (or cardiac ultrasound, if you prefer) on 2
cats before due to cardiomyopathy.  One that had cardiomyopathy (caused
by undiagnosed hyperthyroidism), and then another to check the heart
*after* they were diagnosed with hyperthyroidism.  The Dr. said it was
unusual for the right ventricle to be thickened, so first they checked
for pulmonary hypertension - all clear there.  Still, something has
caused it, so that will be looked at more after the infection/swelling
has subsided and Harley is eating on his own again.  Just hope that this
doesn't turn out to be one of the many ways that lymphoma can rear its
ugly head.

Marsha