[Felvtalk] Vaccinations

Margo toomanykitties2 at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 16 06:32:03 CDT 2014

Marsha,

The post I was responding to was about Veterinary treatment of un-vaccinated animals, not boarding. That was my focus. Still, that requirement for boarded animals to be vaccinated is not very effective, anyway. Most facilities allow the required vaccines to be given on intake, meaning that (unless they are long-term boarders) they will not develop any immunity before they leave the facility. Not very reassuring to me. But profitable for those providing the vaccines.

But I don't board. I guess people who board their pets have researched the issues, and are comfortable with the procedures in place.

Margo