[Felvtalk] Urgent - 5 leuk pos kittens, will be euthanized if rescue doesn't find somebody to take them

Amy awilkins23 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 11:53:01 CDT 2014

Hi all,

I haven't been active on here in some time but have reached out to this list before for help with cats that I was unable to take in.  I just got a call from a rescue here in Rochester, NY.  They took in 2 moms, one pregnant and I think one with kittens.  Anyway, the one mom and 5 kittens have all tested positive.  They have found a sanctuary to take the mom but they have been told by vets to euthanize the kittens.  I met a woman from the rescue at a local event and gave her my contact info way back and she called me today to see if there is anything I can do before they give up on these kittens.  I am full here but wanted to post and see if anybody could take 1 or more of the positive kittens.  They can go together or separately.  She is going to try to get me more info but she says they are about 7-8 weeks old.  She thinks there are 3 males and 2 females.  1 orange, 2 black, 1 black and white and she couldn't remember the other.  She is
 hoping to get more info from the foster tomorrow and maybe send some pics.  They need to act quickly so I told her to get me info ASAP.  The kittens have been wormed and flea treated and have their 1st distemper vaccine.  They will neuter the males if somebody agrees to take them but their vet said the girls are too little and can't handle it so they won't spay the girls.  They did mention they could try to do a donation if needed for a sanctuary but didn't mention how much.

Can anybody help?
Thanks
Amy